Friday, March 14, 2014

I Double Dog Dare You To...

Double Dog Dare
When I was a kid, a very, very, long time ago, the phrase, "I double dog dare you," rang up and down our block more often even than one or the other of our mothers calling us in to eat, or go to bed, or do our homework.

A double dog dare stopped all play and all conversation, because it was important.  A double dog dare was, in fact, one of us kids challenging another, to just try something, something the presenter of the dare had usually tried him or herself and wanted to know what the kid being dared thought of it after trying it.

In that same spirit, I double dog dare you to write me (or anyone else on the list above) a letter.  Before you say something like, "I don't have time for that," or "My handwriting really sucks," or anything else that doesn't have anything at all to do with the dare, just go ahead, get out a pencil, pen, or crayon, find a sheet of paper and write a letter - write how stupid this idea is, write that you don't have time, write that your handwriting sucks, but write it on paper then click here, find my address, write it on your envelope, put on a stamp, and mail it.

I double dog dare you.

1 comment: